The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect in October 2006 and applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to:
- persons responsible for business premises;
- employers with business premises;
- self-employed persons with business premises;
- persons responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes;
- charities or voluntary organisations;
- contractors with a degree of control over any premises;
- persons that are providing accommodation for paying guests.
This Fire Safety Policy template is fully compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and should be used by employers and companies to help them comply with their legal obligations under the Order. This Policy clearly demonstrates the company/employer’s commitment to protect the safety of employees and visitors against fire.
The Fire Safety Policy contains the following clauses:
- Policy Statement
- Policy Objectives
- Responsible Person
- Competent Persons
- Fire Marshals
- Employees and Contractors
- Documentation and Records
Under the Order, the responsible person must carry out a Fire Safety Risk Assessment. A Fire Safety Risk Assessment helps you ensure that your fire safety procedures, fire prevention measures, and fire precautions (plans, systems and equipment) are all in place and working properly. It also helps you to identify any issues that need attention.
The aims of the Fire Safety Risk Assessment are:
- to identify the fire hazards;
- to reduce the risk of those hazards causing harm to as low as reasonably practicable;
- to decide what physical fire precautions and management arrangements are necessary to ensure the safety of people in your premises if a fire does start.
Please note - We have included with this Fire Safety Policy a Fire Safety Risk Assessment Form which can be used in order to comply with your legal obligations under the Order.
This Fire Safety Risk Assessment template is in Microsoft Word format, written in plain English, easy to use and edit.
Need Help Creating Your Template?
Let us check that your template has been edited correctly.
Need help with your template? Do you have questions on a template? Please get in touch!
You can use the phone number or contact form below to get in touch with us.
+44 (0) 208 870 5522
Can’t Find Your Template? Request It Now!
If we currently don’t have the template you need we can always draft it for you at no extra cost & 100% money back guaranteed, simply send us a no obligation request by filling in the form below.
We aim for a 7 day turnaround - you will receive an email notification when your template is ready for download from our website.